Ways to Give
In 1922, Mrs. Caroline Pitkin McCready donated over $200,000 and 22 acres of family property for construction of the
. Mrs. McCready's generous gift was given in memory of her husband and daughter and serves as her personal life-long legacy.
The Edward W. McCready Memorial Hospital first opened its doors on
May 6, 1923
The Hospital has expanded three times since that date: 1968, 1980, and in 2010 with the completion of the Alice B. Tawes Nursing and Rehabilitation Center and the Chesapeake Cove Assisted Living Facility.
The McCready Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization providing our donors the following giving options.
Ways to Give
- Check | Payable to The McCready Foundation | Mailed to Address Below
- Stocks & Bonds | Appreciated Assets
- Real Property | Embracing Mrs. McCready's Legacy
- Personal Property
The Foundation's comprehensive financial statements have been audited by Scott Tawes, & Associates, Certified Public Accountant. A copy of our current financial statement is available upon request by contacting the McCready Foundation, 201 Hall Highway, Crisfield, MD 21817, by phone at 410-968-1200, or fax at 410-968-0186. Documents and information submitted to the State of Maryland under the Maryland Charitable Solicitations Act are available from the Office of the Secretary of State for the cost of copying and postage.